How to Order a Powerbrace Lockrod
Because of the wide variations in trailer doors, we need special information from you when you order lockrods. To make sure that you receive the proper lockrods for your needs, we require the following information:
- Hand (L, roadside, or R, curbside)
- Cam Center Length
- Lever Height
Explanations and Examples
- Model – This is the lockrod model that you need, for both the bottom cam and top cam. The bottom cam is listed first. (For example, you would specify HV-SH, with HV signifying the bottom and SH signifying the top. Another example is DL-NH. (DL is the bottom, NH the top.)
- Hand – This specifies the left hand (LH) or right hand (RH), describing whether the lever is to the left or right of the lockrod when in the closed position. Left Hand means the lever is to the left of the lockrod, or Roadside for rear doors. Right Hand means the lever is to the right of the lockrod, or Curbside for rear doors.
- Cam Center Length – This describes the length from the center of the bottom cam to the center of the top cam. Please measure accurately. For example, a Cam Center Length could be 110.56″.
- Lever Height – This is the position from the center of the bottom cam to the center of the lever. For example, lever height could be 14.00″.
- Finish – This indicates the coating or material of the lockrod. If you do not specify anything, we will send Hot Dip Galvanized Steel (HDG), which is our standard. Other options are plain steel or electropolished stainless steel.
- Quantity – Please specify the number of lockrods that you want to order.
A typical lockrod order could be:
|Cam Center Length:||110.56″|
When ordering lockrods, you should be aware of the following:
- Lockrods can be ordered with or without mounting components.
- One rod guide is usually used per lockrod. If additional rod guides are required, you must specify that. Order two half bushings for each additional rod guide ordered.
- Keepers are ordered separately. Keepers are available in several mounting options, finishes, materials and offsets. Please talk to our Powerbrace customer service department about the proper keepers for your trailer needs.
- Standard mounting components usually used with each lockrod (same finish as the ordered lockrods) are as follows:
2 – guide plates
4 – guide plate half bushings
1 – rod guide
2 – rod guide half bushings
1 – seal plate
1 – seal pin