Powerbrace Corporation is the premier manufacturer of light, medium and heavy duty Door Securement products for cargo that is shipped by trailer or container. Powerbrace is a wholly owned subsidiary of Miner Enterprises, Inc., a supplier to the railroad industry since 1894, with world headquarters in Geneva, Illinois. Powerbrace Corporation offices and manufacturing is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
All general manufacturing report directly to the Mfg. Supervisor. Team members will be required to perform duties necessary to produce, pack, move or stock product in accordance with process instructions and quality specification, in a safe and timely manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) certificate. Previous manufacturing or welding experience or education is a plus. Basic math proficiency, basic computer skills and the ability to read are a must.
- Must show continuous efficiency and aptitude on a variety of machines and measuring equipment, and processes associated with producing our products.
- Must have an interest to learn and show good common sense and reasoning skills.
- Must be able to lift up 15 – 40 lbs. throughout the work day. And be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have a positive “Can-Do!” attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Must follow safety rules and keep work area in a clan and orderly condition.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned
- If requested to perform as an Internal Auditor, you will be expected to effectively perform audits to determine objectives conformance and promote continual improvement initiatives of the current ISO Certification requirements.
This position reports to the Powerbrace Director, Quality Assurance and will be responsible for all prevention (assurance) & detection (control) activities within a documented quality system including, but not limited to, gage calibration, documentation, root cause analysis, and inspection of product.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a quality function/role that includes hands-on technical, inspection techniques and skills. Experience that includes welding related inspections is preferred.
- Be a team player, possess critical thinking/problem solving skills and be a self-starter with strong computer skills (especially excel and databases).
- Performing mechanical tasks – Understanding prints, part layout and measurement, Statistical data and analysis, Collecting data, Performing failure and routine analysis.
- Understanding and resolving technical issues.
- Familiarity with common defects in welds, coatings, castings and stampings.
- Resolving critical problems – Root cause analysis, Corrective / Preventive Actions, Continuous Improvement.
- Inspection of regularly received products using tools such as tape measure, optical comparator, calipers and CMM.
- This includes, accurately measure, test, and document results of incoming inspections.
- Determining suitability of new tooling/processes/products/services for 1st Article submittals, reading prints, and maintaining records of approvals.
- Update and maintenance of all related inspection plans as required.
- Maintain nonconformance processes per documented quality system; including, Supplier DMR’s and CAR’s, and inspection of rework activities if/when required.
- Participate in root cause analysis of nonconforming products and processes to identify all related or potential root cause of the product/processes and/or service to determine proper appropriate action(s).