SENIOR PROJECT DESIGNER
Powerbrace Engineering provides product development and product support services to Powerbrace Corporation. This individual supports for entire project cycle including development of new products and support of existing products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires an associate degree in an Engineering-related program such as Mechanical Design or Drafting, and 3-5 years as a Designer in a related field
- Support Design and Development projects for new products for both the Railcar and Truck-Trailer product lines, including any or all of the following:
- Determine customer requirements.
- Develop concepts.
- Ensure product designs conform to applicable industry, health or other standards.
- Prepare Engineering drawings.
- Prototype and test designs and concepts.
- Create part numbers and bills of materials.
- Participate as determined by Director of Engineering or Engineering Manager in business development groups such as the Truck Hardware Business Development Team and the Railroad Sales and Engineering Team.
- Make technical presentations to customers.
- Examine customer requirements and make application recommendations for existing products.
- If requested to perform as an Internal Auditor, you will be expected to effectively perform audits to determine objectives conformance and promote continual improvement initiatives of the current ISO Certification requirements.
- Provide support to Sales, Technical Services, Production, Purchasing, Vendors, and Customers.
- Provide drawings as needed.
- Provide other information such as weights, performance characteristics, material characteristics, etc. as needed.
- Respond to Change Requests.
- Initiate Checklists for new part numbers and/or production of existing part numbers in new locations.
Powerbrace Corporation is the premier manufacturer of light, medium and heavy duty Door Securement products for cargo that is shipped by trailer or container. Powerbrace is a wholly owned subsidiary of Miner Enterprises, Inc., a supplier to the railroad industry since 1894, with world headquarters in Geneva, Illinois. Powerbrace Corporation offices and manufacturing is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin.