One-Inch Steel Lockrods
Dual-Lobe/Zero-Torque models provide an ideal combination of benefits for the problems associated with trailer and container door securement. The dual-lobe provides “ice breaker action” applying more leverage that frees frozen (stuck) door seals regardless of door thickness.
Powerbrace Zero-Torque lockrods:
- offer positive anti-rack control in all directions
- are designed to cancel out the reverse-leverage action resulting from a load pushing against the door
- provide maximum leverage to close the doors
- provide secure closure because the more load against the door from the inside, the tighter the lockrod engages
- allow controlled opening of the door
- provide icebreaker action to give leverage to open frozen doors
Zero-Torque cams (with matching keepers) provide positive anti-rack control in every direction. This braces the whole rear structure and acts as an additional body member against damage by racking forces.
With Zero-Torque, a person can easily cope with excessive pressure due to shifted cargo against the door mechanism.
Performer series lockrods are the next generation of dual-lobe, zero-torque lockrods. The dual-ferrule cam design along with Powerbrace rolled-nose guide plates provides maximum anti-rack protection.
Theft Deterrent Models
This security option provides a way to secure the door seal directly at the cam and keeper, instead of at the lockrod handle.
Requires only one Secura-Cam/Keeper assembly per end-frame.
Each model offers maximum reach and gather to square racked end-frames and/or warped doors and provides opening leverage to free frozen or stuck doors or overcome stiff or frozen (stuck) seals.
• Long reach cam ends allow contact with keepers 2-1/4-inches away from lockrod centerline.
• Mating sloped surfaces of cams and keepers gather and “square-up” the door panels within the door opening, while providing positive anti-rack protection.
• Both cam end tips and keeper surfaces are rounded to assure an easy, smooth entry and engagement.
Should standard models not meet your needs you can use any reach and gather model combination to meet your specific application needs.
Examples of possible alternate combinations – HV-HV, QF-SH, QF-ST, NS-SH, etc.
HV-SH For standard sills with shallow header height. This model offers maximum strength and anti-rack protection with Hi Cube door panels and is an industry standard for domestic trailers and domestic containers. SH keeper height: 1.0″. HV keeper height: 2.0″.
QF-QF Quad finger system for marine/cargo containers. Allows contact with keepers 2.25 inches away from lockrod centerline. The QF universal Keeper design covers both left-hand and right-hand applications. All QF components are direct replacements to competitor’s model.
Keeper Height: 2.25″.
Eliminate the hassle of fabricating lockrods from components.
- All Intermodel components are exact replacements for the component they replace.
- Save valuable time and money utilizing the Powerbrace factory assembled lockrod option.
- Universal design works as LH or RH depending on handle placement, allowing for the repair of virtually any container.
- Comes in lengths for 8’6″ (lockrod P152901) and 9’6″ (lockrod P152865) containers.
Should the standard HV-SH model not meet your needs you can also use the following model combinations: HV-HV, NS-NS, SH-SH.